FreakFm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lisbon Treaty - Thoughts?

3 posters

Go down

Lisbon Treaty - Thoughts? Empty Lisbon Treaty - Thoughts?

Post  Sappho Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:18 pm

I'm still..in the midst...of reading the literature.Not the supposed objective literature provided by the Referendum Commission (although I have read it). I'm finding, as usual, the internet seems to be a better source of information!

Anyway, if you've any opinion on the Treaty itself, please do share Smile
Sappho
Sappho

Back to top Go down

Lisbon Treaty - Thoughts? Empty Re: Lisbon Treaty - Thoughts?

Post  Rackett Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:09 am

its very badly explained,if u ask anyone whats it about they cant really tell you.

im of the opinion the government want us that way.Im gonna vote no and anyone i talk to is.

Rackett

Back to top Go down

Post  Sappho Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:55 pm

I've read up as much as I can on the LT and I've decided on a "no" too. I went from being a firm "no" at the beginning, to giving it a chance and reading up on it properly, to weighing up each side of it and then finally returning to the decision that, not only have I issues with the treaty itself, but we're also being pushed into it.Watching the so-called debate on Q&A last night pretty much sealed my decision!

Watching Europarl at the moment Neutral A little more effective if they removed the dramatic soundtrack
Sappho
Sappho

Back to top Go down

Post  Rackett Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:19 pm

q and a last night was a joke, im sure the government think we are stupid,I think cathy senott said it well - Would you sign a contract you didnt understand? though i wouldnt agree with her religous point of view i think she has a fair point in that statement.

Rackett

Back to top Go down

Post  Sappho Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:52 am

Yeah, I saw her slogan up by Douglas last week - Definitely made me think again.

That thing about the font being made smaller so that they had 62 pages less but in fact added an extra 8,500 words - Anyone know if that's true?
Sappho
Sappho

Back to top Go down

Post  Cillian Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:32 am

Rackett wrote:q and a last night was a joke, im sure the government think we are stupid,I think cathy senott said it well - Would you sign a contract you didnt understand? though i wouldnt agree with her religous point of view i think she has a fair point in that statement.

I think it's deplorable that you can't spell Kathy Sinnott not to mention listen to that witch.
A woman who got €50 million off the state because she blamed the state for providing her son with a free mmr vaccine and somehow linked it to him having a mental illness.
She effectively ripped off her own electorate.

In any case "Would you sign a contract you don't understand?" was a stupid argument against the treaty. For the reason it wasn't hard to understand.

However I must congratulate the unholy alliance of the two most dodgy parties in Irish politics, Sinn Féin and Libertas, who on opposite ends of the political spectrum, managed to scare monger the irish people into rejecting something that would have been highly beneficial to them. Rolling Eyes

Cillian

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum